NEW FOR 2017:
- Due to the generosity of our local financial supporters, we will not be charging for this year's camps!
- To register, you must contact our office (231-796-5597) and set up an appointment with our staff.
REGISTRATION WILL END AT 3PM ON FRIDAY MAY 26th, 2017.
Camping at Little Pine Island focuses on having fun in God’s creation and teaching practical skills that many kids have not had the opportunity to learn. Drawn primarily from Salvation Army Community Centers, camper’s physical, social and spiritual needs are met in a way they will take with them long after camp is done.
The motivation of the organization is love of God and a practical concern for the needs of humanity. This is expressed by a spiritual ministry, the purposes of which are to preach the Gospel, disseminate Christian truths, supply basic human necessities, provide personal counseling and undertake the spiritual and moral regeneration and physical rehabilitation of all persons in need who come within its sphere of influence regardless of race, color, creed, sex, or age.
- To promote an awareness of God, His love and, through the love of Jesus Christ, to aid toward spiritual growth and knowledge of basic human values.
- To give children, youth, and adults a fun-filled, healthy, safe, educational and inspirational experience in the out-of-doors.
- To help develop an understanding, appreciation and sense of stewardship for the out-of-doors, for the natural environment and for all living creatures.
- To help individuals grow in understanding of themselves and each other and especially for children to experience relationships with staff as caring adults and to offer opportunity for people of varied cultures to develop compassion and love for each other.
- To provide a loving and supportive environment where families can learn to cope with and solve their problems.
- To facilitate creative self-expression through worship, song, work, play, physical activity and the development of new skills.
- To allow each person to participate in planning programs and in establishing limits and responsibility for the safety and welfare of all.
- To assist in developing an appreciation of the wonder and joy of the miracles of everyday living.
To find out more about Little Pine Island Camp, click HERE!